Being involved in an accident is a stressful situation. We want our customers to completely understand the process every vehicle goes through to be repaired. The following outline explains how we determine the necessary steps for each vehicle.
- Customer & vehicle comes into shop
- Vehicle goes into Triage (Damage Analysis) – vehicle is dismantled & a forensic analysis takes place looking for all visible & hidden damage
- Information gathered is looked at by an estimator which is relayed to the insurance company
- Parts are then verified and ordered
- Vehicle is put into production & vehicle is graded
- Speed Lane – In and out in 24 hours, generally under $1500 – Try our Rapid Repair Center for in & out service!
- Does not require uni-body repairs (structural/frame)
- Light structural/frame & generally panel replacement
- Heavy collision vehicle – needs extensive uni-body repairs
After our body technicians have completed structural, mechanical and sheet metal work, the vehicle heads to our paint department. The focus here is on duplicating the original color match, durability, and appearance. Restoring your vehicle to a “Factory New” appearance is a multi-step process. After the damaged metal and plastic body areas are repaired a variety of cleaners and primers are applied to the affected areas to ensure proper adhesion of the paint and clear coat. Our paint system is mixed in house and is Guaranteed For Life.
It is critical that collision damaged vehicles be refinished in a controlled environment. All of our paint and body technicians have attended I-CAR and ASE training and have achieved the highest level of certification.
Frame And Unibody
Oxmoor Collision Center has the latest state-of-the-art equipment such as Genesis 2 Laser Measuring Systems. The Genesis system not only ensures that repairs are done to correct specifications, but it also documents them in the form of an easy-to-read printout. This system is accurate to 1/1000th of an inch.